Published on June 16th, 2020 | by What 20
What2make: Homemade Jamaican Carrot Juice.
Carrot juice is one of my favourite drinks… especially throughout the summer. Now this isn’t just any carrot juice, it’s Jamaican carrot juice. A drink that’s been apart of my family and culture for years.
There are many ways to make Jamaican carrot juice but I wanted to share mine.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Carrots, Water, Condense Sweet Milk, A can of Vanilla Nurishment, Pinch of nutmeg, few drops of vanilla extract. You can also add some Guinness (optional).
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Juice your carrots (this can be done in a juicer or blender). I usually juice about 6-8 carrots
2. With your freshly squeezed carrot juice add your desired amount of Nurishment. 3/4 of the Tin or all of it.
3. Add your sweet milk (your desired amount of sweetness).
4. Add nutmeg and vanilla extract and stir.
5. Put in the fridge to chill and then enjoy, your cold Jamaican carrot juice. Add a few cubes of ice for that extra touch!
JAMAICAN CARROT JUICE ICE LOLLIES.
Simply pour your home made Jamaican carrot juice, into a lolly tray and freeze. If I’m making ice lollies I use a few extra carrots to make it stronger as the ice adds abit more water to them!
We hope you enjoy x