Published on April 20th, 2020 | by What 20
Homemade Shrimp Fried Rice
We love Asian food and love finding ways to mix it with our home seasonings, spices And culture.
I love cooking Shrimp fried rice because it’s tasty, quick and simple. Although it’s shrimp fried rice, the dish taste just as good without the shrimp.
What You Need:
Cooked rice (from the fridge)
Frozen Veg (defrosted)
Shrimp (prawns) optional
2 Eggs (Beaten with salt and pepper)
1 tsp Garlic (I use lazy garlic)
2 Spring Onions.
1 chopped Onion
2 table spoons Soy Sauce
1 table spoon Oyster Sauce.
1 tablespoon All purpose
1-2 teaspoons of Paprika
1 veg cube
1 table spoon of Turmeric (for colour)
Cook your rice from the night before and store it in the fridge. This makes the rice solid and taste a lot better with shrimp fried rice.
1. Heat your Oil and fry your egg, then take it out the frying pan and put it to one side. (We’ll add it back later)
2. Fry your prawns for 2 mins with the garlic and remove, just like your egg.
3.Add your Chopped onion, spring onions to the frying pan and fry for 1-2 mins… then add your frozen veg and fry a little more.
4. Now you’ve got all of your main ingredients fried up, sprinkle your veg cube, Paprika and all purpose.
5. Add your rice to the mix and stir gently.
6. Add your prawns and egg back with the other ingredients. Now pour your oyster sauce and soy sauce to the dish. Gently sprinkle your turmeric for your desired colour and ENJOY!
Feel free to add a range of veg or sprinkle a little more all purpose for a stronger taste.
Shrimp fried rice can be eaten alone or with anything you fancy.
Let us know how it goes x